Developer, middleware engineer, IT professional
Energetic, self-driven IT professional with 20+ years of experience. I am currently working as a middleware engineer supporting both Apache and JBoss. I enjoy challenging myself and am studying various on line courses like Udemy as I look to transition to an application developer role. I've done work in AWS including building EC2 instances, security groups, load balancers and writing Cloudformation scripts.
CIBER - State of Tennessee - Nashville, TN - December 2015 to Present
- Supporting Red Hat JBoss environment and deploying application
- Documented process used to build CKAN environment on Vagrant systems
- Configured SSL for both Apache and JBoss as required for an agency
Software Engineer IV
Emdeon - Nashville, TN - December 2014 to December 2015
- Maintaining existing WebSphere environment; troubleshooting application issues
- Architecting AWS solutions and migrating applications to the Cloud; writing CloudFormation Templates that create EC2 instances, load balancers and security groups in AutoScaling Groups
- Compiling and installing the latest version of Apache for both Linux and AIX systems as required by Emdeon’s security team
Comdata - Brentwood, TN - March 2014 to December 2014
- Working with developers migrating applications from WebSphere 6.1 to WebSphere 8.5 – creating cluster(s), data sources, deploying applications and troubleshooting issues
- Programming Jython scripts to automate routine WebSphere administration task(s)
- Providing off-hours support for application issues and to deploy applications to production
Beacon Hill Staffing Group (for Comdata) - Brentwood, TN - January 2014 to March 2014
- Managed project to migrate existing application from WebSphere 6.1 to WebSphere 8.5
- Patched WebSphere Application Server and IBM HTTP Server
- Analyzed Java Heap Dumps and “verbose GC” logs using IBM Support Assistant (ISA)
Advanced Systems Engineer
LifeWay Christian Resources - Nashville, TN - November 2010 to January 2014
- Supporting IBM WebSphere used for company website. Performing software updates and configuring test/ development systems used for code development.
- Working with software developers configuring/maintaining Linux systems and open-source software that facilitates company website.
- Writing scripts to automate routine tasks, assist in software updates and monitor system(s) performance.
- Documenting installation and maintenance procedures for applications. Researching technologies and their benefit(s) to the organization.
UNIX Systems Administrator
Gaylord Entertainment Company - Nashville, TN - July 2007 to November 2010
- Supporting pSeries systems used for both Oracle databases and applications.
- Designed and supported the HACMP or clustering software for NFS and Oracle databases - ensured the organization met their SLA business requirements.
- Implemented and administered IBM TSM backups - provided cost savings encryption solution by introducing LTO4 technology.
- Working within a limited time frame to migrate data from IBM to EMC SAN - supported all tasks including disk(s) layout, server preparation and data migration.